Glimpses of Eternity
The book that may prove life after death!
GLIMPSES OF ETERNITY, the exciting new book from Dr. Raymond Moody and Paul Perry is about ‘shared death experiences,’ death-bed visions that can be witnessed by bystanders as well as the person who is dying.
"It is the study of these experiences,"; says Dr. Moody, “that may finally prove life after death.”
Called “the father of near-death studies,” by the New York Times, Dr. Raymond Moody is the bestselling author of eleven books which have sold over 20 million copies. His seminal work, Life After Life, has completely changed the way we view death and dying and has sold over 13 million copies worldwide.
GLIMPSES OF ETERNITY is the first book to explore shared death experiences, this common but mysterious experience of family and friends sharing a loved one’s journey from this life to the next. A forensic psychiatrist and researcher who gave “near-death experiences their name,” Dr. Moody provides dozens of stories of people who have been a part of shared death experiences.
Over the years, people have shared their stories with Dr. Moody. He himself experienced this extraordinary event when his mother passed away.
Dr. Moody explains the different types of shared death experiences including:
- Entire families gathered for a loved one’s passing all see a bright light from an unknown source.
- Some witness a gentle mist rising from the body of a parent who has just died.
- Others tell of accompanying a family member halfway to heaven.
- People being treated to a life review of the dying person.
- Some are aware of spirits in the room.
Examples of true life experiences include:
- A medical scientist and licensed psychologist who received her doctorate from Harvard Medical School had an empathic death experience which started in an elevator as she returned her dying mother to her hospital room. The mother and daughter confessed that they had been judgmental, ungrateful and unkind towards one another in the course of their lives. By the time they reached her room, they had a new openness toward one another that led to a powerful spiritual experience in which the doctor entered a light and had a life review of her own life and then her life with her mother.
- A supervising hospice nurse’s death experience took place at the bedside of her father, who was dying of lung cancer. When she awoke to see a pillar of light on either side of his bed, which she has described as “Guardian Angels” because there was “something about them that put me at ease and made me think they had come to comfort him.” As she approached the bed, she saw a mist rise from his chest as he died.
- The president of an advertising firm had eye surgery that left her bandaged and sightless for several days while recovering in the hospital. As she was recovering, her other senses became very acute. She suddenly saw a light and out of it came a boy named Jimmy, who was one of her elementary-school classmates. He told her he couldn’t find his way home and asked her to walk him home. They walked into the light until they arrived at his house. She later found out that Jimmy had been struck by a car and killed on the same day that she had her surgery.
In addition to the many cases of shared death experience, GLIMPSES OF ETERNITY also features shared death experiences throughout history and offers the top ten questions people ask Dr. Moody. Also presented are the scientific findings about these experiences, showing that they are not just someone’s imagination.
Sign Up for the Near-death
Experience Society Newsletter!